Wildflower box #1 - Sagebush Buttercup

Location: Littleton, Arapahoe County, CO
Planted By: The Pug Posse
Find Date: 12/26/2006
Find #: 36

Comments: I've been to Colorado every Christmas in the past 10 years. Never, never in that time has there been any more than a couple inches of snow. Whenever it has snowed, it evaporated so fast it wasn't ever an issue. So, what happens the one Christmas I go to Denver when I now know about letterboxing? Snow, snow, and you guessed it, more snow. I've never seen so much snow in my life. My flight into Denver was delayed by 2 days due to snow, my flight out of Denver was delayed, rescheduled and rebooked for the original time due to snow. And my hours and hours of research and reams and reams of pages printed about awesome letterboxes in the Denver area pretty much went to complete waste. I told my sister-in-law all about letterboxing, got her all excited about it and selected several boxes to go find the day after Christmas. I am not even going to list these boxes as "attempted", because it's not my fault I couldn't find them. There was really just no way with several feet of snow on the ground! What a disappointment. We did manage to find this box because the city was nice enough to plow the sidewalks in the park. We did have to run around like idiots making tracks in all the snow around all the trees in the area to obscure our path. Very nice stamp. Clever clues. At least I didn't leave Colorado empty handed! It better not snow next Christmas, though!

No comments: