Tuscola County Courthouse


Location: Caro, Tuscola County, Mi
Planted By: Trail Troll
Find Date: 11/11/2006
Find #: 25

Comments: There was a contest of sorts on the Great Lakes message board at the end of 2006 between the states of Wisconsin and Michigan to see which state could get all of the counties "covered", meaning there was at least one actively planted box in each county. As part of this challenge I planted boxes in Jackson, Tuscola and Sanilac Counties. TrailTroll was the box planting queen of Michigan. Shes planted multitudes of boxes all over the state. She also planted a box in the last uncovered county in Michigan and won the challenge for us. I still can't believe the odds of what happened, but on the same day (11/4/2006) I planted a box in Tuscola County, TrailTroll planted this box! Our boxes were literally 20 feet from each other! I can't believe in all the places in this entire county, we both chose the (almost) exact same place, in the exact same park, in the exact same city! My box was intended to be a mystery box, but anyone looking at both sets of clues would immediately know the location of my box. So, the next week I went back up to Tuscola and re-planted my box in a different place in this county. While I was there, I "found" TrailTroll's box. I'm not entirely sure this counts as a find.... but, what can you do! Very nice stamp and great hiding spot.

No comments: